Indian Association of Muscular Dystrophy (IAMD) is a registered society of India working mainly in the field of Muscular Dystrophy in the entire country and for other disabilities in the state of Himachal since 1992. This is one of the oldest societies of India to work for the cause of Muscular Dystrophy. In its initial years Indian Association of Muscular Dystrophy worked towards the much required awareness creation about the disease, organized awareness and activity camps in different parts of India and provided one platform to Muscular Dystrophy effected people and their families where they could discuss and find solutions to their problems.
Indian Association of Muscular Dystrophy took up the cause of other disabilities in Himachal where they worked for early intervention, prevention, treatment (corrective surgeries), education, rehabilitation and eventual employment. They also were the force behind the Persons With Disabilities .
Now the society has established a 50 bedded ‘Integrated Muscular Dystrophy Rehabilitation Center’ in Solan – one of its own unique kinds in India - a one stop center for Muscular Dystrophy patients for rehabilitation and management training for Muscular Dystrophy effected children, adults and their families.
Indian Association of Muscular Dystrophy & it's Services
- PUNAR-SANJEEVAN - A comprehensive, residential physiotherapy, hydrotherapy, rehabilitation and orientation program for persons afflicted with Muscular Dystrophy at Integrated Muscular Dystrophy Rehabilitation Center (IMDRC) “Manav Mandir” at Solan, Himachal Pradesh.
- RAHAT - Day Physiotherapy and Counselling Center – at Delhi and Chandigarh.
- JAGRITI - Medical and Awareness Camps for afflicts of Muscular Dystrophy - pan India.
- SATHI - Facilitating Care Giver support to financially weak.
- WINGS - Wheelchair support to financially weak.
- SAMPARK - Internships of Physiotherapy and other Volunteer students at IMDRC.
- NIDAN - Facilitating advanced Diagnostic and Testing Facility for Muscular Dystrophy afflicts.
- SANDESH - Extensive Information, Education and Communication (IEC) activities.
- Indian Association of Muscular Dystrophy is a registered organization with H.P. Societies Registration Act, 2006.
- Indian Association of Muscular Dystrophy has also been registered under the Persons with Disabilities Act, 1995.
- Indian Association of Muscular Dystrophy has been granted tax exemption under section 80G of the Income Tax Act.
- Registered with Niti Ayog (Registration Number: HP/2018/0182095).
- Indian Association of Muscular Dystrophy has also obtained the FCRA clearance for foreign donations.
- Registered with IDRF in the USA (This gives tax benefit to citizens of America upon donating for Indian Association of Muscular Dystrophy).
- Indian Association of Muscular Dystrophy also has 12A registration certificate.
- Registered as Clinical Establishments (Registration and Regulation) Act, 2010.
- To create greater awareness of Muscular Dystrophy.
- To reach out to each and every person afflicted with Muscular Dystrophy in India and abroad and attempt to provide as normal, a life as possible by appropriate interventions.
- To create a center where all specialized services for treatment and rehabilitation can be provided under one roof for persons afflicted with Muscular Dystrophy.
- To build up strong support system including regular family counseling psychological support to bring the person out of depression and giving patient life of normalcy.
- Developing & nurturing skilled professionals, volunteers for Muscular Dystrophy including physiotherapists, psychologists & caregivers.
- Learning and adapting the best global practices in Muscular Dystrophy care for improving the quality of life of Muscular Dystrophy patients.Muscular Dystrophy
- Developing linkages with researchers in the field of Allopath, ISM, and Alternative medicine.
- Diagnosis & testing facilities. Provision of proper therapy for delaying the progression of the disease including advanced medical care.
- Provision/ linkage to Genetic counseling - prevention.